microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Cannot Install .net Framework SDK

R.Raja Balaji

4/23/2002 9:49:00 AM

Sir

I recently download .net framework sdk from the
msdn.microsoft.com website. when i try to install in my
machine i get the following 2 message one by one.

Message 1:
=========Microsoft .Net Framework SDK (English) setup has ended
prematurely. If this persists, please contact product
support.

then

Message 2:
=========Microsoft .Net Framework SDK (English) setup has failed.
If this continues, please contact product support.

My Machine configuration
Pentium II 350 Mhz
65 MB RAM
20 GB HDD

Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
Service Pack Nill
Internet Explorer 5.5
Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7

Please Help, Thanks
4 Answers

(Max[MS])

John Howard

I have the exact same problem when I try to install.

I am running Windows 2000 Workstation on a PIII-450, with
10GB HD and 256MB RAM.

Maybe there is a conflict with some software we already
have installed? Here is a list of the major things I have
installed, maybe there will be something in common.

Rational Requisite Pro
OpenPlan Professional
Novell Client 4.80
GroupWise 5.5.4
LabVIEW 6.1
NI Measurement Studio 6.0 (with LabWindows CVI)
BaaN
Eagle Layout Editor 4.08
ExpressPCB
Java 2 Runtime Environment
AutoCAD LT 98
AutoCAD R14
Adobe Acrobat 5.0
Microsoft Platform SDK (November 2001)
.NET Framework SP1 (NOT the SDK)
Internet Explorer 6.0 with ALL updates.
Office 2000
Microsoft SOAP toolkit
Microsoft Visual Source Safe 6.0
Oracle Client 8.0i
RealOne Player
Music Match Jukebox
QuickTime

Please let me know if you ever get it installed
successfully.

Thanks,

John Howard

Colin

I have the same problem too.

Windows 2000 Workstation P3 450MHz, 12GB disk and 256 MB RAM Dell laptop.

If I look in the event log I see that installer could not stop the iisadmin
service. I can stop it (I even tried doing that manually before installing)
and I am logged on as the local administrator account.

Possible contentious software installed:
VS6 SP5 Enterprise
Oracle 8.1.7
Jakarta Tomcat
Java 2 1.4.1

I have installed the same SDK on XP Home, though this is of course of little
use as there's no IIS.

Any ideas anyone?

> > I have the exact same problem when I try to install.
> >
> > I am running Windows 2000 Workstation on a PIII-450, with
> > 10GB HD and 256MB RAM.
> >
> > Maybe there is a conflict with some software we already
> > have installed? Here is a list of the major things I have
> > installed, maybe there will be something in common.
> >
> > Rational Requisite Pro
> > OpenPlan Professional
> > Novell Client 4.80
> > GroupWise 5.5.4
> > LabVIEW 6.1
> > NI Measurement Studio 6.0 (with LabWindows CVI)
> > BaaN
> > Eagle Layout Editor 4.08
> > ExpressPCB
> > Java 2 Runtime Environment
> > AutoCAD LT 98
> > AutoCAD R14
> > Adobe Acrobat 5.0
> > Microsoft Platform SDK (November 2001)
> > .NET Framework SP1 (NOT the SDK)
> > Internet Explorer 6.0 with ALL updates.
> > Office 2000
> > Microsoft SOAP toolkit
> > Microsoft Visual Source Safe 6.0
> > Oracle Client 8.0i
> > RealOne Player
> > Music Match Jukebox
> > QuickTime
> >
> > Please let me know if you ever get it installed
> > successfully.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John Howard

Don Carter

I have a similar problem. However I get two further messages:

1.

Cannot create the folder . A folder with this name already exists.

I click ignore to this one

2.

Cannot access the folder xxxxxxx you do not have rights to this folder.

Can't go any further after that.

Don