EW

I have developed a WAP site with Microsoft .NET platform.
But I have a problem accessing the WAP site with Panasonic WAP phone.
Looks like it always return as HTML instead of WML code when I used the
phone, where as I believe the .NET framework did not recognize the mobile
phone browser.

I have a solution for this, where I force the rendering type to WML (you can
modify this in Machine.config file).

For example, change the following:

preferredRenderingType = "html32"
preferredRenderingMime = "text/html"
preferredImageMime = "image/gif"

into:

preferredRenderingType = "wml11"
preferredRenderingMime = "text/vnd.wap.wml"
preferredImageMime = "image/vnd.wap.wbmp"

Then, add the HTML preferredRenderingType into below section:

<filter>
<case
match="Mozilla/(?'major'\d+)">
<filter>
<case
match="[^0-3]"
with="${major}">
supportsCss = "true"
supportsImageSubmit = "true"
supportsBold = "true"
supportsItalic = "true"
supportsFontSize = "true"
supportsFontName = "true"
supportsFontColor = "true"
supportsBodyColor = "true"
supportsDivAlign = "true"
supportsDivNoWrap = "true"
preferredRenderingType = "html32"
preferredRenderingMime = "text/html"
preferredImageMime = "image/gif"
</case>
</filter>
</case>
</filter>

What I want to ask to all of the experts out there, is there any other
better solution?
Thanks in advance,

EW.

1 Answer