Steve

4/22/2002 6:00:00 PM

When a user's session times out, a nasty error message appears on the WAP
phone. Can someone suggest the best way to handle session timeout in MMIT?

Thanks
Steve

4 Answers

Craig Deelsnyder

There's an event in the global.asax called either Session_OnEnd or
Session_End (I think it's renamable anyway). You can code something special
in there to happen.

"Steve" <steve.milroy@immedient.com> wrote in message
> When a user's session times out, a nasty error message appears on the WAP
> phone. Can someone suggest the best way to handle session timeout in MMIT?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

(Simon Calvert)

TC

Where is the best place for the handle? Since is a page level event, should
I handle it on every page?

TIA

Tony

"Simon Calvert" <simoncalonline@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since MMIT is dependant upon Session to handle ViewState, Its probable
that
> the expiry of session caused the ViewState to be lost. You can handle the
> OnViewStateExpire method in your code, to say return the user to the
> initial page/Form of your application, and start a new Session, or output
> friendly message etc.
>
> Simon .
rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.

(Andres Sanabria)