Mandar

4/22/2002 11:27:00 AM

Hi All,

I'm novice user of MMIT. Is there any to post data in
mobile application. Like in normal web application we can
call a asp page on the form's submit method. Then acces
the values of the form control using Request.Form
("control_name"). How do i implemnt same kinda
functionality in web forms (MMIT). Or is there any other
way by whcih I can carry the values of mobile controls
from the mobile webform in one aspx page to other mobile
webform in different aspx page.Using session variables is
the one way i know.

Thanks in advance
Regards

Mandar
4 Answers

Doug Thews

ASP.NET is altogether different than traditional ASP. No more need to post
values to another page to do processing. All you need to do is handle the
button click event for the button you want to do the processing.

I would suggest an introduction to the basics of ASP.NET development:

http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstar...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/techinfo/articles/clients/mobile...
sp
http://www.gotdotnet.com/mobileq...

--
Doug Thews
Director, Software Development

"Mandar" <mandy_warang@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I'm novice user of MMIT. Is there any to post data in
> mobile application. Like in normal web application we can
> call a asp page on the form's submit method. Then acces
> the values of the form control using Request.Form
> ("control_name"). How do i implemnt same kinda
> functionality in web forms (MMIT). Or is there any other
> way by whcih I can carry the values of mobile controls
> from the mobile webform in one aspx page to other mobile
> webform in different aspx page.Using session variables is
> the one way i know.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Regards
>
> Mandar

agb

I agree that it's better to do postbacks, but, if someone really wants to
post to another page, then setting the "Action" attribute to the Url would
work:

<mobile:Form id="Form1" runat="server" Action="elsewhere.aspx">

Regards,

Andre.

"Doug Thews" <dthews@nospam.datareturn.com> wrote in message
> ASP.NET is altogether different than traditional ASP. No more need to
post
> values to another page to do processing. All you need to do is handle the
> button click event for the button you want to do the processing.
>
> I would suggest an introduction to the basics of ASP.NET development:
>
> http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstar...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/techinfo/articles/clients/mobile...
> sp
> http://www.gotdotnet.com/mobileq...
>

> --
> Doug Thews
> Director, Software Development
>
> "Mandar" <mandy_warang@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm novice user of MMIT. Is there any to post data in
> > mobile application. Like in normal web application we can
> > call a asp page on the form's submit method. Then acces
> > the values of the form control using Request.Form
> > ("control_name"). How do i implemnt same kinda
> > functionality in web forms (MMIT). Or is there any other
> > way by whcih I can carry the values of mobile controls
> > from the mobile webform in one aspx page to other mobile
> > webform in different aspx page.Using session variables is
> > the one way i know.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Regards
> >
> > Mandar

EW

Hi, try to create more than one form in one .aspx page.
From then on, you can anytime get the fields value.
To swicth one form to the other form, use method ActiveForm = [FormName]

For example:
You have one .aspx file called "HelloWorld.aspx"
In this file, you have two forms, called frmFirst and frmSecond.
Try to add a Textbox in frmFirst, lets call it txtHelloWorld, and then add a
Command button, lets call it cmdSubmit.
In frmSecond, add a label, call it lblHelloWorld.
Then, in cmdSubmit_Click event, insert the command below:
lblHelloWorld.Text = txtHelloWorld.Text
ActiveForm = frmSecond
When you start your MMIT, it will automatically load the frmFirst form
(provided you put this form on top), enter any value in txtHelloWorld, and
click cmdSubmit, the frmSecond will be displayed and the value that you just
entered is displayed.

You don't have to use the Request.Form method anymore.
Hope this help.

But if you insist to only use one form in one aspx file, then, try Andre
method.

"Mandar" <mandy_warang@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I'm novice user of MMIT. Is there any to post data in
> mobile application. Like in normal web application we can
> call a asp page on the form's submit method. Then acces
> the values of the form control using Request.Form
> ("control_name"). How do i implemnt same kinda
> functionality in web forms (MMIT). Or is there any other
> way by whcih I can carry the values of mobile controls
> from the mobile webform in one aspx page to other mobile
> webform in different aspx page.Using session variables is
> the one way i know.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Regards
>
> Mandar

Roslyn Lutsch

Hi Mandar,

It seemed to me that the real question you had asked is how to save the data
that is entered as values into controls (ie. persist data). If that is the
case, then you need to use either the session state or the view state. MMIT
doesn't provide a SaveSessionState or SaveViewState in their product because
you can access the ASP.NET session state and view state methods. (Although
there are special methods you need to use if you are writing device
adapters.) So, you were correct when you said that the session state was the
only way you knew how to do this. If you want more info about session and
view states, and you haven't already read the ASP.NET and MMIT docs, I
encourage you to read both. The ASP.NET docs on session state are very good.

It sounds like you may be developing in VB .NET? If that's the case, then it
would be helpful if you mentioned that in case someone wanted to provide
code. ;)

Cheers,
Roslyn Lutsch