(Dan White)

4/19/2002 4:30:00 PM

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to developing mobile forms with .NET. Please check out
http://www.dmm.uk.com/wa... - it's my first example. If you
check it out with IE, it works great - simple, but informative. I
finally managed to get it to work on a phone emulator (OpenWave SDK,
WAP Edition 5.0), and can get the first form up on my real Nokia 6210,
but when I click on one of the options, which should do some database
querying and take me to the second form to display it, it just
hangs..................................and
hangs...............................and so on forever!

Can some of you please have a look at the page (link above) with IE,
phone emulators, and real phones to see if anything can be done?

Thanks,

Dan
3 Answers

Craig Deelsnyder

Are you using Mobile Internet Toolkit? I would recommend it if worried
about multiple devices/browsers.

"Dan White" <dtm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm fairly new to developing mobile forms with .NET. Please check out
> http://www.dmm.uk.com/wa... - it's my first example. If you
> check it out with IE, it works great - simple, but informative. I
> finally managed to get it to work on a phone emulator (OpenWave SDK,
> WAP Edition 5.0), and can get the first form up on my real Nokia 6210,
> but when I click on one of the options, which should do some database
> querying and take me to the second form to display it, it just
> hangs..................................and
> hangs...............................and so on forever!
>
> Can some of you please have a look at the page (link above) with IE,
> phone emulators, and real phones to see if anything can be done?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

EW

You might want to test with Nokia Mobile Internet Toolkit.
If your program tested with above mentioned software, I believe it will
works in any platform. :)

> Hi Craig,
>
> Yes, I'm using version 1.0 (the latest) of the MS Mobile Developers
> Toolkit, installed on top of the latest .NET release.
>
> Dan

(Andres Sanabria)