ODBC.NET and Tivoli Storage Manager ODBC-Drivers

Roman Gallauner

4/19/2002 12:48:00 PM

This one is really strange: I installed the Tivoli Storage Manager
ODBC-Driver 5.1 (newest version) and can connect through VBScript.

However, using ODBC.NET I get the following Exception:

ERROR [IM004] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on
SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

Used ConnectionString:

Driver={TSM ODBC

Any clues? If possible reply to group and my address, too.

Greets
Roman

2 Answers

Roman Gallauner

It get even stranger: Like some other people (see for example the post
'Using ODBC.NET (odbc_net.msi) with ASP.NET Web Service') I tried the same
connection as an WinForms/Console application - and it works...

Looks like the ODBC.NET assembly has some problems on ASP.NET applications
and/or WebServices. Or there need to be some special configuration
settings....

Greets
Roman

> This one is really strange: I installed the Tivoli Storage Manager
> ODBC-Driver 5.1 (newest version) and can connect through VBScript.
>
> However, using ODBC.NET I get the following Exception:
>
> ERROR [IM004] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on
> SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed
>

> Used ConnectionString:
>
> Driver={TSM ODBC

Roman Gallauner

Don't know why, but a restart of the TSM-Server on our host (S/390 running
MVS) solved the problems ;-)

Greets
Roman