Using ODBC.NET with Sybase 10/11

Marcelo Lima

4/19/2002 1:03:00 AM

I am encountering problems with ODBC.NET and Sybase 10 &
11.

I'm using this connection string:
"Driver={System Sybase
10};DSN=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;SRVR=xxx;DB=xxx"

And this exception occurs:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: \\svr10
\dsshares\Distribuicao\OLE DB\2.0\Msdasc.dll
at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo
(String fileName)
at Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcGlobalEnv.GetGlobalEnv()
at Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()

but the file is there!!!!!!!

If someone had found similar problem, please help me.

Thanks in advance

Marcelo
1 Answer

Gert E.R. Drapers

Since you are pointing to a UNC share, it might be a permission problem,
causing that the file is not visible from the security context of the
process.
.NET has strict rules with regards to picking things up from the network.

GertD@SQLDev.Net

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
You assume all risk for your use.
Copyright © SQLDev.Net 1991-2002 All rights reserved.