T68 note for some people having difficulty

Grady Werner

4/18/2002 2:46:00 AM

Some Ericsson T68 phones (particularly overseas) send a
differently formatted user_agent string. While some are
in the form:

EricssonT68/R101 UP.Link/5.0.2.2b

Others are in the form:

SonyEricssonT68/R201A

Make note that simply changing <case match="Ericsson
(?'deviceID'[^/]+)/"> to <case match=".*Ericsson
(?'deviceID'[^/]+)/"> or <case
match="(Ericsson|SonyEricsson)(?'deviceID'[^/]+)/"> works.

Note that you still have to add a T68 section to your
machine.config file within the Ericsson section as you've
seen on previous posts.

Sincerely,
Grady Werner
3 Answers

Magnus Lindhe

I've tried to find the other posts you mention but I can't. Not with my news
reader and not with google.

Can someone please show me the example of the T68 section I need inside the
Ericsson section?

Regards,

Magnus

"Grady Werner" <grady_werner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Some Ericsson T68 phones (particularly overseas) send a
> differently formatted user_agent string. While some are
> in the form:
>
> EricssonT68/R101 UP.Link/5.0.2.2b
>
> Others are in the form:
>
> SonyEricssonT68/R201A
>
> Make note that simply changing <case match="Ericsson
> (?'deviceID'[^/]+)/"> to <case match=".*Ericsson
> (?'deviceID'[^/]+)/"> or <case
> match="(Ericsson|SonyEricsson)(?'deviceID'[^/]+)/"> works.
>
> Note that you still have to add a T68 section to your
> machine.config file within the Ericsson section as you've
> seen on previous posts.
>
> Sincerely,
> Grady Werner

Grady Werner

In the ericsson section, under the filter section, right above where you
see:

<case match="R320" with="${deviceID}">

Type in the following section:

<case match="T68"
with="${deviceID}">
preferredImageMime = "image/gif"
isColor = "true"
screenBitDepth = "8"
screenCharactersWidth = "20"
screenCharactersHeight = "6"
screenPixelsWidth = "101"
screenPixelsHeight = "80"
maximumRenderedPageSize = "3000"
</case>

(I'm not sure if my values are completely accurate or not, and if someone
wants to correct me, I won't be offended.)

Sincerely,
Grady Werner

"Magnus Lindhe" <magnusS.P.A.M@lindesign.se> wrote in message
> I've tried to find the other posts you mention but I can't. Not with my
news
> reader and not with google.
>
> Can someone please show me the example of the T68 section I need inside
the
> Ericsson section?
>
> Regards,
>
> Magnus
>
> "Grady Werner" <grady_werner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Some Ericsson T68 phones (particularly overseas) send a
> > differently formatted user_agent string. While some are
> > in the form:
> >
> > EricssonT68/R101 UP.Link/5.0.2.2b
> >
> > Others are in the form:
> >
> > SonyEricssonT68/R201A
> >
> > Make note that simply changing <case match="Ericsson
> > (?'deviceID'[^/]+)/"> to <case match=".*Ericsson
> > (?'deviceID'[^/]+)/"> or <case
> > match="(Ericsson|SonyEricsson)(?'deviceID'[^/]+)/"> works.
> >
> > Note that you still have to add a T68 section to your
> > machine.config file within the Ericsson section as you've
> > seen on previous posts.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Grady Werner

(Andres Sanabria)