RSS aggregators with web interface?

Hugh Sasse

gabriele renzi

il Tue, 2 Dec 2003 01:15:13 +0900, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng
<hgs@dmu.ac.uk> ha scritto::

>I think this may already exist, hence my question:
>
>Is there something I can run which will create a Web page of RSS
>aggregations for me, so I can use the resulting page to browse the
>sites of my choice if they interest me?

I think raggle can do this easily..
and it is pure ruby (webserver based on webrick included)

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Hi!

* Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng; 2003-12-01, 21:58 UTC:
> Is there something I can run which will create a Web page of RSS
> aggregations for me, so I can use the resulting page to browse the
> sites of my choice if they interest me?

I did try raggle but it ate up too much of my systems ressources. I
therefore wrote a *very* simple program that does *not* use XML
parsing libraries (the program was loosely modelled after an existing
Perl script).

If that's urgent I'll send you the program I am writing on in a PM.
If that can wait some days wait for rubyforge release (if no
unexpected problems occur the program will be released during the
course of this week). I wrote the program for precisely the reason
you want to use it for - with myself in mind.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
for i in $(seq 1 9); do
rm /bin/cat