Re: cgi = CGI.new causes the script to hang

Gavri Savio Fernandez

11/30/2003 6:16:00 PM

> From: ts [mailto:decoux@moulon.inra.fr]
> Subject: Re: cgi = CGI.new causes the script to hang

> G> i don't know what i'm doing wrong, but the
> following code outputs
> G> 'before' and never outputs 'after'. it seems to be stuck
> in CGI.new.
> G> does anyone know what might be the problem here?
>
> It's trying to read name=value pairs on standard input.
>
> Use Control-D (^D) on un*x or ^Z (???) on windows, to close
> the input.

Thanks Guy,
i just found that there's even a message sent to the standard output saying
"(offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)"
the problem was that i was running 'compile' from emacs instead of from a shell and never saw this message at all.

Ctrl-D and Ctrl-Z both don't work(i'm on ms windows). i don't know why.
Neither do they work on cygwin. so now i'm testing the script by creating a file with the input and redirecting standard input to that file.

> Guy Decoux

Gavri Savio Fernandez
What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. - Woody Allen

1 Answer

nobu.nokada

At Mon, 1 Dec 2003 03:16:08 +0900,
Gavri Savio Fernandez wrote:
> Ctrl-D and Ctrl-Z both don't work(i'm on ms windows). i don't know why.

Did you type ENTER after Ctrl-Z?

--
Nobu Nakada