comp.programming.threads

Re: [RFC] Lock free fd lookup

Joe Seigh

7/20/2004 2:59:00 PM

Interesting discussion in the Linux kernel mailing list with
this subject line.

Mailing lists are a pain. The only thing more primitive is
physically mailing punch card decks around. If we can't get
these troglodytes into the 21st century then we need some
proxy blogging site that lets you participate without actually
having to subscribe to the mailing lists personally. Can
you imagine all of the usenet groups being mailing lists
rather than accessed through news feeds.

So I guess they (Linux kernel developers) don't need to know
there is a rw spinlock that doesn't have reader or writer
starvation problems. :)

Joe Seigh
1 Answer

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak

Joe Seigh wrote:

> Interesting discussion in the Linux kernel mailing list with
> this subject line.
>
> Mailing lists are a pain. The only thing more primitive is
> physically mailing punch card decks around. If we can't get
> these troglodytes into the 21st century then we need some
> proxy blogging site that lets you participate without actually
> having to subscribe to the mailing lists personally. Can
> you imagine all of the usenet groups being mailing lists
> rather than accessed through news feeds.
>
> So I guess they (Linux kernel developers) don't need to know
> there is a rw spinlock that doesn't have reader or writer
> starvation problems. :)
I think this may interest you..
http://www..... [news.gmane.org] news:gmane.linux.kernel

HTH