Working with Ring/Rinda

Shashank Date

11/30/2003 4:49:00 PM

I need some help in understanding the Ring API (even if it is "unstable" per
the author) which comes with Rinda library of DRb 2.0.4
(http://www2a.biglobe.ne.jp/~seki/ruby/drb-2....). I am using it with
ruby 1.8.0 (2003-08-04) [i386-mswin32] on Win XP.

Specifically if some one can demystify the three samples (ring_echo.rb,
ring_inspect.rb,ring_place.rb) that come with the distro, that will be
great ! There is very little documentation in English :-( (But there is some
schematics in Japanese which may be of help:
http://www2a.biglobe.ne.jp/~seki/ruby...)

Just a few lines of explanation of what each of the scripts is supposed to
do, should get me started (I think).
I promise to put it up on the wiki once I figure it all out.

TIA,
-- shanko

4 Answers

ts

S> Specifically if some one can demystify the three samples (ring_echo.rb,
S> ring_inspect.rb,ring_place.rb) that come with the distro, that will be
S> great ! There is very little documentation in English :-( (But there is some
S> schematics in Japanese which may be of help:
S> http://www2a.biglobe.ne.jp/~seki/ruby...)

You have a translator at

http://www.excite.co.jp/...

select the right checkbox and give it the URL

Sometimes it give something funny ...

Guy Decoux

Shashank Date

"ts" <decoux@moulon.inra.fr> wrote in message
> S> (But there is some
> S> schematics in Japanese which may be of help:
> S> http://www2a.biglobe.ne.jp/~seki/ruby...)
>
> You have a translator at
>
> http://www.excite.co.jp/...

That did not quite for me ...it simply converted the Japanese symbols to
Yen, $, and ? symbols.
But thanks for your attention.

-- shanko

Mauricio Fernández

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 04:32:09AM +0900, Shashank Date wrote:

> "ts" <decoux@moulon.inra.fr> wrote in message
> > S> (But there is some
> > S> schematics in Japanese which may be of help:
> > S> http://www2a.biglobe.ne.jp/~seki/ruby...)
> >
> > You have a translator at
> >
> > http://www.excite.co.jp/...
> >

> That did not quite for me ...it simply converted the Japanese symbols to
> Yen, $, and ? symbols.

It works fine for me, just select the correct direction
(Japanese -> English, the one on the right; I suggest that you learn
these 2 Kanji, I'm sure they'll be helpful in the future :-).

Use the following URL:
http://tinyur...

--
_ _
| |__ __ _| |_ ___ _ __ ___ __ _ _ __
Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com

How do you power off this machine?
-- Linus, when upgrading linux.cs.helsinki.fi, and after using the machine for several months

Shashank Date

"Mauricio Fernández" <batsman.geo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> It works fine for me, just select the correct direction
> (Japanese -> English, the one on the right; I suggest that you learn
> these 2 Kanji, I'm sure they'll be helpful in the future :-).
>
> Use the following URL:
> http://tinyur...

That worked ! Thanks a million :-)