Re: Class-level readers and writers

dblack

dhtapp

I've been following this thread and the thread concerning the

class << self

construct with some interest, but not a thorough understanding.

If I'm considering these various remarks at least partly correctly (which is
highly questionable, since I'm both fairly new to Ruby and fairly rusty in
Objective-C), then it seems to me that these types of facilities would
greatly ease a coder's ability to incorporate the sweet old Objective-C idea
of "class clusters"...and to make them even more dynamic, possibly tuning
class clusters at runtime, or even creating them from scratch.

Just my $0.02...and I hope I haven't made a complete fool of myself...again:
new to Ruby, rusty in Obj-C, and any other disclaimers I can think of...

- dan

self <<