Re: State of JRuby?

Brian McCallister

11/29/2003 12:22:00 AM

Speaking of JRuby, does it implement continuations?

If so I might be able to prod a a few fairly decent developers in the
Apache Cocoon project into contributing as they are actively looking
for another scripting language for their web continuation stuff. Some
are happy with JavaScript, but most people say "ick, JavaScript?!
Goodness, why?" ;-)

-Brian

On Friday, November 28, 2003, at 03:42 AM, Anders Bengtsson wrote:

> Joey Gibson wrote:
>> The bottom line is it's not dead, at least not yet. I'm doing what I
>> can
>> to get things going. Lots of people helping out would also be a good
>> thing.
>>
>> I'd be willing to take over the project if Anders and Jan are cool
>> with
>> that, since their time seems limited.
>
> Sure! You're already the most active developer, the only thing you're
> not doing so far is making releases.
> Not that me and Jan have made any releases lately. ;)
>
> Jan, any objections?
>
> /Anders

1 Answer

Anders Bengtsson

Brian McCallister:
> Speaking of JRuby, does it implement continuations?

No, Kernel.callcc isn't implemented yet. Don't know how much work it
would take, but it should be possible to do.

/Anders