Re: Library directory structure on windows

Gavri Savio Fernandez

11/27/2003 3:12:00 PM

> From: Gavin Sinclair [mailto:gsinclair@soyabean.com.au]
> Subject: Re: Library directory structure on windows

> As above, you don't place it in the lib area manually. Let the
> installer do the work. It will decide where to put the files (almost
> certainly under lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/iowa/).
>
> The things you download should be versioned so you can have them
> sitting side by side. The runtime files aren't versioned as you can
> only have one version installed at a time.

thanks gavin. there *is* an installer.
however i noticed that the installer didn't automatically copy any docs. this is also the case for a few other packages i installed.
why don't installers do that? do ruby application installers never copy docs to the ruby/docs folder. should i always do it manually? if so, why?

thanks again

--
Gavri Savio Fernandez
I can't stand cheap people. It makes me real mad when someone says something like, "Hey, when are you going to pay me that $100 you owe me?" or "Do you have that $50 you borrowed?" Man, quit being so cheap! - Jack handy