Access MS SQL Server 2000?

Lennie DeVilliers

11/27/2003 1:34:00 PM

Hello Guys,

How can I access MS SQL Server 2000 database from Ruby? Is there a library I
can use?

Lennie De Villiers

2 Answers

Raphael Bauduin

Lennie DeVilliers wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> How can I access MS SQL Server 2000 database from Ruby? Is there a library I
> can use?
>
> Lennie De Villiers

Check sqlrelay:

http://sqlrelay.source...

I tested it a very short time only (I think with a MS SQL 2000, not even
sure;-), so I can't say more about it.

Raph

Michael Neumann

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 10:47:10PM +0900, Raphael Bauduin wrote:
> Lennie DeVilliers wrote:
> >Hello Guys,
> >
> >How can I access MS SQL Server 2000 database from Ruby? Is there a library
> >can use?
> >
> >Lennie De Villiers
> >

> Check sqlrelay:
>
> http://sqlrelay.source...
>
> I tested it a very short time only (I think with a MS SQL 2000, not even
> sure;-), so I can't say more about it.

Ruby/ODBC or ODBC via DBI should work as well. Or with the ADO database
driver of DBI, but that might be slow. Heh, you can also use the
SQLRelay driver with DBI.

http://www.ch-werner.d...
http://ruby-...

Regards,