Please help: ODBC connection for LotusNotes DSN

David

4/16/2002 6:38:00 AM

I am having problems connecting to a DSN - that connects
to a lotus notes database.

If I use OleDB for ODBC, I am able to "see" the tables /
views within VS.net.

However, I cannot access the data ...

I am trying to do it through an odbcConnection object in
code - but I don't think I have the connection string
correct.

*** Would someone please help me out?

trying:
strCon="DSN=MyDSN;Server=LAL1/Servers/MyServer;Database=app
lications/MyDB.nsf;"

objConnection = New OdbcConnection(strCon)

objConnection.Open()

ERROR:
ERROR [S1000] [Lotus][ODBC Lotus Notes]Unable to find path
to server ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]
Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [01000] [Microsoft]
[ODBC Driver Manager] The driver doesn't support the
version of ODBC behavior that the application requested
(see SQLSetEnvAttr).

*** How do I find out what connection string to use?

*** extra info:
1) am using LotusSQL 3.01 ODBC driver to create the
DSN ... this seems to be working as I can (kind-of)
connect to it using the OleDBConnection for ODBC.
2) have sorted out any access issues to the database - so
i know I do not need any password / username