Standard Library Docs online at ruby-doc.org

jbritt@ruby-doc.org

11/23/2003 3:59:00 AM

The HTML output from the RDoc comments from Gavin Sinclair's stdlib-doc
project [0] are online at www.ruby-doc.org [1].

The pages have a nie index running down the left side, with the docs on
the right. Quite handy!

Big thanks to Gavin, William Webber, Lyle Johnson, and the folks on the
ruby-doc mailing list for their efforts.

I hope to have, Real Soon Now, a link to a tarball of the most current
version of the docs, and an automatic process in place to always have
the most current version of the docs online.

If you would be willing to spend some time helping document the standard
lib, please consider joining the ruby-doc mailing list (see the
ruby-doc.org home page for details), or contact myself or Gavin.

Thanks,

James Britt
jbritt AT ruby-doc DOT org

[0] http://stdlib-doc.ruby...
[1] http://www.ruby-doc.o...

9 Answers

Shashank Date

James, Gavin, William, Lyle ...

Fantastic work you all ! Thanks a bunch!!

jbritt@ruby-doc.org

Shashank Date wrote:

> James, Gavin, William, Lyle ...
>
> Fantastic work you all ! Thanks a bunch!!

You're quite welcome.

James

Gavin Sinclair

On Sunday, November 23, 2003, 2:58:41 PM, jbritt wrote:

> The HTML output from the RDoc comments from Gavin Sinclair's stdlib-doc
> project [0] are online at www.ruby-doc.org [1].

> [...]

http://www.ruby-doc.... is now the one and only place to go for
browsing this documentation online. In the near future you can go
there to find the latest downloadable tarball too.

My initial announcement directed you to
http://stdlib-doc.rub... for online browsing. That is no
longer the case; these files will be removed shortly.

Cheers,
Gavin

Shashank Date

Hi James,

<jbritt@ruby-doc.org> wrote in message
> You're quite welcome.
> James

The link on line which marked below is broken:

Game Programming in Ruby

There is a book on game programming due around December 2003 from Course
Technology, Inc. , titled Game Programming With Python, Lua, and Ruby,
written by by Tom Gutschmidt.

You can read a bit more about it here. <-------------------- broken link

^^^^^^^^

Thanks for fixing it ;-)

-- shanko

Michael Neumann

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 12:58:41PM +0900, jbritt@ruby-doc.org wrote:
> The HTML output from the RDoc comments from Gavin Sinclair's stdlib-doc
> project [0] are online at www.ruby-doc.org [1].

Great!

Funny that I got a Zope Python Debugger advertising banner at top of the
page :-)

Regards,

Michael

jbritt@ruby-doc.org

Shashank Date wrote:

> The link on line which marked below is broken:

> Game Programming in Ruby
>

> There is a book on game programming due around December 2003 from Course
> Technology, Inc. , titled Game Programming With Python, Lua, and Ruby,
> written by by Tom Gutschmidt.
>
> You can read a bit more about it here. <-------------------- broken link
>
> ^^^^^^^^

> Thanks for fixing it ;-)

The link worked at the time of the posting four months ago. It seems
the site owners decided to change their URLs. I'll see what I can do,
but I don't always have the wherewithall to fix external links in old
site posts, as people take down pages, nove things around, etc.

James

> -- shanko
>

> .

Shashank Date

<jbritt@ruby-doc.org> wrote in message
> I'll see what I can do, but I don't always have the wherewithall
> to fix external links in old site posts, as people take down pages,
> nove things around, etc.

Perfectly understandable.

> James

Thanks James,
-- shanko

Tim Hunter

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 14:00:53 +0900, Gavin Sinclair wrote:

> On Sunday, November 23, 2003, 2:58:41 PM, jbritt wrote:
>
>> The HTML output from the RDoc comments from Gavin Sinclair's stdlib-doc
>> project [0] are online at www.ruby-doc.org [1].
>
>> [...]
>
> http://www.ruby-doc.... is now the one and only place to go for
> browsing this documentation online. In the near future you can go
> there to find the latest downloadable tarball too.

Thanks a million, guys! I notice that when I look at the page with
Konqueror 3.1.4, the underscores under the links in the Table of Contents
frame, starting with "cgi", actually overlay the text instead of appearing
underneath. Probably a bug in Konq, because with Mozilla, Galeon, and
Opera everything is copacetic.

jbritt@ruby-doc.org

Michael Neumann wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 12:58:41PM +0900, jbritt@ruby-doc.org wrote:
>
>>The HTML output from the RDoc comments from Gavin Sinclair's stdlib-doc
>>project [0] are online at www.ruby-doc.org [1].
>

> Great!
>
> Funny that I got a Zope Python Debugger advertising banner at top of the
> page :-)

Python and Java ads turn up a lot. I've seen some really odd ones,
though, for helping brain tumor patients, and saving endangered species.

Hm. Maybe not so odd after all, when you think about Java ...

James