Re: "stereotyping"

Michael Campbell

11/20/2003 2:37:00 PM

Thien Vuong wrote:

>> I don't think that it's totally useless. I do think that it's of
>> extremely limited utility.
>>

> Could you give me an example of what is considered a good use then?
> Given the presumption that object classification and knowledge is
bad,

Has that BEEN a given?

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion....

1 Answer

Thien Vuong

Michael Campbell wrote:
> Thien Vuong wrote:
>

>>>I don't think that it's totally useless. I do think that it's of
>>>extremely limited utility.
>>>

>>Could you give me an example of what is considered a good use then?
>>Given the presumption that object classification and knowledge is
>
> bad,
>
> Has that BEEN a given?

Sorry I spoke (wrote) too soon. No it is not.

But every attempts to present intended/documented uses of kind_of? has
been assailed as bad. So I just wanted to see if I could solidify the
opposite arguments in concrete example.

But I got nit :) - no real answer

Thien