Re: "stereotyping"

Austin Ziegler

11/20/2003 6:22:00 AM

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:39:08 +0900, Michael Campbell wrote:
> The exact opposite might be said from someone with a largely
> dynamic typing background. "What I think is that so many people
> have [used] static typing for so long that it's hard to admit that
> perhaps there's a benefit to [not relying on it]. Apparently there
> is too much invested in static typing to compromise."
>
> That doesn't sound to me too far off the mark either.

What's interesting is that I haven't opposed the idea of type
introspection on methods -- I've advocated it for certain classes of
applications. I haven't even really opposed contract assurance
(e.g., Design by Contract).

I *have* opposed type checking that does neither.

-austin
--
austin ziegler * austin@halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
* 01.19.59