Re: "stereotyping" thread

Austin Ziegler

11/20/2003 6:01:00 AM

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:05:37 +0900, Wesley J Landaker wrote:
> Why not just use empty modules for all this type-checking? This isn't
> very useful to me personally, but it seems to do everything that has been
> mentioned in this whole "stereotyping" thread (i.e. emits warnings if the
> passed in types haven't been manually tagged by a programmer as
> implementing a particular interface):

This was suggested early on. Fundamentally, it's not much different than
Sean O'Dell's RCR, and I think that it's as fragile.

But your post does point out -- as does the existence of types.rb and
StrongTyping -- that this need not be in the core of Ruby. It also
demonstrates that even if it were in the core of Ruby, if it's not used,
it's about as useful as pinkies on a Penguin.

-austin
--
austin ziegler * austin@halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
* 00.58.21

1 Answer

matz

In message "Re: "stereotyping" thread"
on 03/11/20, Austin Ziegler <austin@halostatue.ca> writes:

|This was suggested early on. Fundamentally, it's not much different than
|Sean O'Dell's RCR, and I think that it's as fragile.

Can you tell me where I can read his RCR? Probably I missed that.

matz.