Jabber4r With Ruby 1.8.0

Joey Gibson

11/19/2003 6:01:00 PM

Is anyone using Jabber4r (or the latest CVS version) with the PragProg
install of Ruby 1.8.0? When I try to connect to my local Jabber server,
the Ruby program seems to hang, but I can look in the log on my server
and see that the user in the script properly authenticated. Here's the
script:

require 'jabber4r/jabber4r'

sess = Jabber::Session.bind("test123@172.16.9.86/Gaim", "mst3k")
puts sess.is_authenticated?
sess.close

It never makes it beyond the first statement. I'm on a Win2k box using
the MSVC-compiled PragProg version of Ruby 1.8.0.

Advice, anyone?

--
Never trust a girl with your mother's cow,
never let your trousers go falling down in the green grass...

http://www.joey...
http://www.joey.../blog/life/Wisdom.html