Printer / Drucker

Werner Warweg

11/19/2003 10:11:00 AM

How can I print the results on a printer? I found nothing about it.

Wie kann ich Ergebnisse ausdrucken? Ich habe nichts dazu gefunden.
--
MfG Werner Warweg
mailto:werner.warweg@kdv-dt.de, http://www...

2 Answers

Stephan Kämper

Werner Warweg wrote:
> How can I print the results on a printer? I found nothing about it.
>
> Wie kann ich Ergebnisse ausdrucken? Ich habe nichts dazu gefunden.

On what system?
If your results are plain text you could use the system commands (lp, lpr, print or what ever you
command shell uses.)

If you're using some kind of Windowing system, then you might like to check your Ruby library
(FXRuby or whatever you're using...)

Hope that helps...

Happy Rubying!

Stephan

Werner Warweg

Stephan Kämper schrieb:

> Werner Warweg wrote:
>
>> How can I print the results on a printer? I found nothing about it.
>>
>> Wie kann ich Ergebnisse ausdrucken? Ich habe nichts dazu gefunden.
>

> On what system?
> If your results are plain text you could use the system commands (lp,
> lpr, print or what ever you command shell uses.)
>
> If you're using some kind of Windowing system, then you might like to
> check your Ruby library (FXRuby or whatever you're using...)
>
> Hope that helps...
>
> Happy Rubying!
>
> Stephan

Ich habe bereits an Jeroen geschrieben, hier seine Antwort:

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 09:56 am, you wrote:

>> Hello, Jeroen,
>>
>> as the first I ask for excuse for my bad English.
>>
>> I am a Ruby's newcomer and would also like to print with the editor. How
>> this goes?
>>
>> I am grateful for an answer or a reference.

This is currently not implemented. The print dialog is used only for
selecting the printer; it isn't actually responsible for the text
rendering itself.

The editor (Adie) is still under development, and I hope to be able to
address this topic in the upcoming version (after I get the new syntax
coloring going).

- Jeroen