Re: [Q] HTML rendering?

Austin Ziegler

11/19/2003 6:33:00 AM

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:36:15 +0900, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Does anyone know if any of the current, cross-platform, GUI toolkits of
> Ruby has an HTML rendering widget?

I don't think so. There is GtkHTML, but I don't know if it's part of the
Ruby/Gtk interface.

-austin
--
austin ziegler * austin@halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
* 01.30.56

1 Answer

Michael C. Libby

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 00:32, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:36:15 +0900, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> > Does anyone know if any of the current, cross-platform, GUI toolkits
> > of Ruby has an HTML rendering widget?
> I don't think so. There is GtkHTML, but I don't know if it's part of the
> Ruby/Gtk interface.

Ruby-GNOME2 includes a binding for gtkhtml2. There are MS Windows packages
available on the Ruby-GNOME2 download page for the gtk2-specific
libraries. It would appear that rbgtkhtml is still under construction, but
basic rendering and link-clicking certainly work.

http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Install+Guide+f...

Whether these MS Windows packages include gtkhtml I don't know. The
Ruby-GNOME2 stuff works great on GNU/Linux though. ;)

-michael

Michael C. Libby m_libby@andsoforth.com

see my photos and Ruby programs at:
www.andsoforth.com