Re: ruby-lang web site & ie

Christoph R.

11/18/2003 11:18:00 PM

Eric Hodel wrote:
> Absolute positioning is not evil.
>
> div.sidebar { position: absolute; top: 130px; left: 0px;
> width: 129px; }
>
> This will make column's width is as wide as the image above
> it. Using proportional rendering would not achieve
> acceptable rendering as easily.

Well at least as long as you are not using IE and too much
text ``pushes'' these absolute boundaries. Ruby-lang is
one of few website I visit frequently, actually at the top of
head I cannot think of another one, were my large fonts setting
has these such a strong effect. (Okay, this is a give away but
but did not banish IE For firebird - yet)

/Christoph