Re: Error Compile 1.8.0 and 1.8.1-pre2

T. Onoma

11/16/2003 1:25:00 AM

> # Unfortunately, I don't have enough time this month, and will
> # be absent from tonight through Sunday, and from 19 through
> # 25. So sorry that I won't be able to respond quickly.

thank, truly, for the time you have given me! you seem a very giving spirit here. the world needs more people like you!

i tried ulimit -c 100000

> Try configure with CFLAGS='-O0 -ggdb -g3'.

and i tried this. nothing seems to have changed. still no core.

> And what version is your gcc?

3.3.1

As for non-standard FHS:

> Well, it shouldn't ...

not necessarily. i would like to see the whole of the system abstracted away from the FHS using namespaces instead. in other words, lets say i create a file. i give this file a globally unique name like 'www.onoma.net/mycategory/hiearchy/myfile' or something to that effect. then that file would always be accessable by that name, even if it on another system. gobo is sort of a first step for me in that direction.

but i may skip that step if i can't get ruby to compile! :)

-t0

1 Answer

nobu.nokada

At Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:25:02 +0900,
T. Onoma wrote:
> i tried ulimit -c 100000
>
> > Try configure with CFLAGS='-O0 -ggdb -g3'.
>
> and i tried this. nothing seems to have changed. still no core.

Couldn't you run the crashing command from gdb?

$ gdb miniruby
(gdb) run (arguments to miniruby)

--
Nobu Nakada