Re: There's a RubyForge IRC channel now...

Michael Campbell

11/13/2003 6:11:00 PM

http://rubyforge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/projects/core/source/buffer.rb?graph=1.50&cvsro...

> Or as a friend of mine used to say: "Viola!"
> He said no one ever got it but me.

I almost hesitate to admit this, but a family(-in law) member of mine

pronounces the frozen-almost-ready-to-eat-dinner-in-a-bag product as
"Chicken Viola" instead of "Chicken Voila". In a serious tone, mind
you.

http://antispam.yahoo.com/wh...

2 Answers

Hal E. Fulton

Michael Campbell wrote:
> Hal Fulton wrote:
>>Or as a friend of mine used to say: "Viola!"
>>He said no one ever got it but me.
>

> I almost hesitate to admit this, but a family(-in law) member of mine
>
> pronounces the frozen-almost-ready-to-eat-dinner-in-a-bag product as
> "Chicken Viola" instead of "Chicken Voila". In a serious tone, mind
> you.

And for dessert, a Cello Pudding Pop?

Hal

Tom Copeland

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 13:32, Hal Fulton wrote:
> Michael Campbell wrote:
> > Hal Fulton wrote:
> >>Or as a friend of mine used to say: "Viola!"
> >>He said no one ever got it but me.
> >

> > I almost hesitate to admit this, but a family(-in law) member of mine
> >
> > pronounces the frozen-almost-ready-to-eat-dinner-in-a-bag product as
> > "Chicken Viola" instead of "Chicken Voila". In a serious tone, mind
> > you.
>
> And for dessert, a Cello Pudding Pop?

As my Dad always says - "There's a vast [pronounced with a long 'a']
difference between hyperbole and hyperbowl."

Tom