There's a RubyForge IRC channel now...

Tom Copeland

11/12/2003 4:17:00 PM

...thanks to Harry Vangberg for the suggestion. It's on
irc.freenode.net, channel name is #rubyforge.

Yours,

Tom
--
Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com>
InfoEther

7 Answers

Lyle Johnson

Tom Copeland wrote:

> ..thanks to Harry Vangberg for the suggestion. It's on
> irc.freenode.net, channel name is #rubyforge.

I hate to ask a dumb question, but what is its purpose (i.e. how does it
complement the existing #ruby-lang channel)?

Gavin Sinclair

On Thursday, November 13, 2003, 3:16:56 AM, Tom wrote:

> ...thanks to Harry Vangberg for the suggestion. It's on
> irc.freenode.net, channel name is #rubyforge.

That's interesting. What's the, er, charter of the channel?

Gavin

Robert Klemme

"Gavin Sinclair" <gsinclair@soyabean.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Thursday, November 13, 2003, 3:16:56 AM, Tom wrote:
>
> > ...thanks to Harry Vangberg for the suggestion. It's on
> > irc.freenode.net, channel name is #rubyforge.
>
> That's interesting. What's the, er, charter of the channel?

[09:58] *** Now talking in #rubyforge.
*** Topic of #rubyforge: Welcome to the RubyForge channel
*** Set by tom_copeland 999 minutes ago
*** Channel #rubyforge was created at Wed Nov 12 17:13:36 2003

There you are. At least, it's friendly. :-))

robert

Tom Copeland

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 03:23, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> On Thursday, November 13, 2003, 3:16:56 AM, Tom wrote:
>
> > ...thanks to Harry Vangberg for the suggestion. It's on
> > irc.freenode.net, channel name is #rubyforge.
>
> That's interesting. What's the, er, charter of the channel?

Just a place for folks to suggest things for RubyForge, ask questions,
etc. For example, Daniel Berger suggested cvsgraph for RubyForge, and,
wa-la:

http://rubyforge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/projects/core/source/buffer.rb?graph=1.50&cvsro...

I expect it to be a pretty low-traffic channel, but I'm keeping it open
in a tab in case someone drops by.

Yours,

Tom

Ben Giddings

Tom Copeland wrote:
> Just a place for folks to suggest things for RubyForge, ask questions,
> etc. For example, Daniel Berger suggested cvsgraph for RubyForge, and,
> wa-la:

Ugh. It's "voila", French for "there it is".

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=23148&dict=F&...

> http://rubyforge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/projects/core/source/buffer.rb?graph=1.50&cvsro...

I like the idea though, and it's nice to have someone be so responsive to
suggestions.

Ben

Tom Copeland

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 12:14, Ben Giddings wrote:
> Tom Copeland wrote:
> > Just a place for folks to suggest things for RubyForge, ask questions,
> > etc. For example, Daniel Berger suggested cvsgraph for RubyForge, and,
> > wa-la:
>
> Ugh. It's "voila", French for "there it is".

Yup, I think I was aiming for something along the lines of Sesame
Street's The Amazing Mumford's "A la peanut butter sandwiches!"
incantation, which usually proceeded the transformation of his assistant
into a rabbit.

Yours,

Tom

Hal E. Fulton

Ben Giddings wrote:
> Ugh. It's "voila", French for "there it is".
>
> http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=23148&dict=F&...
>
>> http://rubyforge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/projects/core/source/buffer.rb?graph=1.50&cvsro...

Or as a friend of mine used to say: "Viola!"
He said no one ever got it but me.

Hal