Re: Error Compile 1.8.0 and 1.8.1-pre2

T. Onoma

11/12/2003 2:43:00 AM

> Hi,
>
> At Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:06:43 +0900,
> nobu.nokada@softhome.net wrote:
> > Run miniruby from gdb or run "gdb miniruby core" after
> > segfault, and type "where" (without quotes, with return).
>
> Sorry, substitute gdb with debugger on your platform.
> BTW, what's your platform at all?

okay, i'm running Linux on an Athlon XP and i beleive i'm compiling for i686. (hmmm... have to check which version of gcc). specifically i'm using GoboLinux which has a non-standard FHS, but I am pretty certian that i've told it where everything is.

when i try gdb it tells me that core dosen't exist. i.e. no such file or directory. do i need to do something to get core to exist? (or perhaps it's being placed somewhere else?)

the --enable-shared option got me past miniruby, it's now bombing right after that on libruby.so.1.8.1.

the error specifically says: 'mkmf.rb:354: [BUG] Segmentation Fault' if that helps.

thanks for your help,
-t0

1 Answer

nobu.nokada

At Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:43:14 +0900,
T. Onoma wrote:
> when i try gdb it tells me that core dosen't exist. i.e. no
> such file or directory. do i need to do something to get core
> to exist? (or perhaps it's being placed somewhere else?)

Check `ulimit -c'.

> the error specifically says: 'mkmf.rb:354: [BUG] Segmentation
> Fault' if that helps.

Hmmm, only "false" line?

What's your configure options?

--