Douglas R. Heeren

4/10/2002 4:07:00 PM

Does anyone know the release schedule for the next version of ODBC.NET.
I use an off the wall ODBC data source xfODBC from Synergex. They don't have
an OLD DB driver, and the ODBC driver seems to have issues with ODBC.NET,
but it works fine with the OLE DB driver for ODBC data sources.

I am hoping the next version will fix this issue.

Doug Heeren
dough@annettholdings.com

1 Answer

Fred Jones

Doug,

The problem you are running into may not be related to ODBC.Net. I too have
been using a third party, not exactly standard, ODBC driver, and was running
into problems.

One of the problems was documented:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-...

I contacted MS Support and reference the above Q number and they emailed me
a new odbc32.dll, which I installed and ALL of my problems were gone.

Hope this helps,
Fred Jones