Kenneth Axelsson

4/10/2002 3:17:00 PM

Anybody been able to get the new Ericsson T60d to work with the mobile
support?
Thanks, Ken

9 Answers

(Jack Bradham (MS))

Kenneth Axelsson

I do not think there is any support for the T60d. Where is it documented how
to add support for new devices?
Ken

"Jack Bradham (MS)" <jackbrad@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ken,
>
> The list of tested MMIT tested devices is:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/mitd...
>
> Since MMIT is very extensible I am sure that it either does already or can
> be made to render the proper markup for the T60d.
>
> Jack Bradham
> Microsoft ASP.NET Developer Support

rights.

(Jack Bradham (MS))

Kenneth Axelsson

I do not understand the link that you give me, is that a URL?

> Try this

ms-help://MS.VSCC/ms.MobileInternetToolkit/mwsdk/html/mworiaddingnewdevicead
> aptersanddevicesupport.htm
>
> That question however, is a very big topic, there are a number of ways to
> do. Typically though you will be able to handle all the support you need
> with a device adapter.
>
> Thanks,
> Jack
>

> Jack Bradham
> Microsoft ASP.NET Developer Support

rights.

(Jack Bradham (MS))

Kenneth Axelsson

I tried to access my web-site (developed with the mobile kit) using the
Ericsson T60d phone, and all I get is a message on the phone indicating that
the phone could not interpret what it received.

Is there any way through trace or some other way to see exactly what (HTML
or WML) output that was created by my .NET web site?

> Yes, It is you can just pop it in the browser of any machine that has MMIT
> installed.
>
> Jack
>
> Jack Bradham
> Microsoft ASP.NET Developer Support

rights.

(Jack Bradham (MS))

Kenneth Axelsson

Ok, now I have been able to catch the output, and it turns out that .NET
sends regular HTML to the phone. I assume that is because the phone is not
recognized at all by the .NET mobile support. The phone supports only WML.
Question: It seems to be very difficult to add support for a new phone with
the limited information that is available for the phone, but is it possible
to change the default output to be WML instead of HTML?

Thanks, Ken

> There are a number of ways to catch the output.
>
> The easiest way that I can think of is a netmon trace between the client
> and server.
>
> This can be done but, you have to watch out for things being added by you
> service provider if it goes through a gateway.
>

> Jack Bradham
> Microsoft ASP.NET Developer Support

rights.

(Jack Bradham (MS))