Dj Neutron DNB

4/10/2002 7:34:00 AM

guyz
i have downloaded a wml editor but dont have any documentaion on how to
program or start doing wml's does anybody know any tutorials or docs on
the web for wml beginners?

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Tominva

If you are using .NET with the mobile internet toolkit/SDK
installed and have the full device filters section pasted
into your web.config file, then the code you write will
automatically be converted/rendered to wml for you by
the .net framework on your web server.

However, if your page includes images then you'll have to
also have a <choice> section in your aspx file to specifiy
image files acceptable to wml devices. For example, if
your code tries to send a normal bmp or jpg image to a wml
device there will be major hurlage.

I downloaded the Openwave SDK and considered using it to
write my wml, but compared to the .NET IDE the Openwave
tool is less than friendly.

There are coding/method differences between the Beta2
of .NET (Mobile) and the full version of .NET (Mobile) so
go with the full deal if you can.

Tom

(Andres Sanabria)

agb

But if you really did want to see the wml script, access the site using an
emulator like the UP Simulator and review the Phone information console.
From there, you can view the wml much like you could read the html by
selecting "View Source" from Internet Explorer.

Andre.