Srini

4/9/2002 9:21:00 PM

I am having a tough time getting this to work. Any help appreciated.

In my mobile application (which targets only Pocket PC), I want to display
data in a table format. The table is a dynamic table (both columns and rows
may vary depending on user input). And also in a table each cell
background/foreground color can vary.

How can I do this in Mobile.net. We don;t have any control that accepts
table tags as input.

Also I tried to use Panel and <ContentTemplate>. But how can I
programmatically drop the HTML code I generated (building HTML as we do in
classic ASP) inside the ContentTemplate?

Any Ideas??

Thanks
Srini

5 Answers

Srini

One more information.. each row will use colspan to merge 2 or more data
cells...

"Srini" <srinivasanm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am having a tough time getting this to work. Any help appreciated.
>
> In my mobile application (which targets only Pocket PC), I want to display
> data in a table format. The table is a dynamic table (both columns and
rows
> may vary depending on user input). And also in a table each cell
> background/foreground color can vary.
>
> How can I do this in Mobile.net. We don;t have any control that accepts
> table tags as input.
>
> Also I tried to use Panel and <ContentTemplate>. But how can I
> programmatically drop the HTML code I generated (building HTML as we do in
> classic ASP) inside the ContentTemplate?
>
> Any Ideas??
>
> Thanks
> Srini

MHoward

I had the same delima, the solution that I came up with
is, inside your content template add an asp:Panel
control. In your code behind you can have an Public
string variable and the value of that will be your html
code. Between your Panel control tags you can do the old
asp stuff like <% = strVar %>.

Hope this helps,

MHoward

Ganesh babu

Dear Srini,

If u are sure that your target is Pocket PC then u can
very well go for asp-datagrid control for displaying the
Data.Bcos the cell problem,changing color for each cell
and other issues are easier in datagrid.I have tested a
datagrid from a real device(Pocket pC)it renders with out
any problem.

Thanks and Best Regards
Ganesh babu Natarajan

Srini

Thanks Howard, But I couldn;t get it to work.. Can u tell me what I am
doing wrong?

this is the code I have in ASPX file... inside FORM tags
<mobile:Panel id="Panel3" runat="server">
<mobile:DeviceSpecific id="DeviceSpecific1" runat="server">
<Choice Filter="isHTML32"
Xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/mobile/html32template...
<ContentTemplate>
<mobile:Panel id="Panel10" runat="server">
<%=g_sGridStr%>
</mobile:Panel>
</ContentTemplate>
</Choice>
</mobile:DeviceSpecific>
</mobile:Panel>

and in code behind file I have
Public g_sGridStr as string

and in Page_Load() I am assigning the HTML code I built to the var like...

"MHoward" <marquish@interknowlogy.com> wrote in message
> I had the same delima, the solution that I came up with
> is, inside your content template add an asp:Panel
> control. In your code behind you can have an Public
> string variable and the value of that will be your html
> code. Between your Panel control tags you can do the old
> asp stuff like <% = strVar %>.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> MHoward

Srini

Oops. I used mobile:Panel instead of asp:Panel control inside
ContentTemplate.
Works great now. Thanks guys.