ntu-kpi.comp.programming

íÁÔÒÉÞÎÏÅ ÕÒÁ×ÎÅÎÉÅ

Dante Aligeri

4/28/2005 4:05:00 PM

ËÁË ÒÅÁÌÉÚÏ×ÁÔØ ÒÅÛÅÎÉÅ ÍÁÔÒÉÞÎÙÈ ÕÒÁ×ÎÅÎÉÊ ÎÁ C?
ÐÏÍÏÇÉÔÅ ÐÏÖÁÌÕÊÓÔÁ
ÚÁ ÌÀÂÕÊ ÉÎÆÏÒÍÁÃÉÀ ÂÕÄÕ ÉÓËÒÅÎÎÅ ÂÌÁÇÏÄÁÒÅÎ

16 Answers

Dante Aligeri

> ËÁË ÒÅÁÌÉÚÏ×ÁÔØ ÒÅÛÅÎÉÅ ÍÁÔÒÉÞÎÙÈ ÕÒÁ×ÎÅÎÉÊ ÎÁ C?
> ÐÏÍÏÇÉÔÅ ÐÏÖÁÌÕÊÓÔÁ
> ÚÁ ÌÀÂÕÊ ÉÎÆÏÒÍÁÃÉÀ ÂÕÄÕ ÉÓËÒÅÎÎÅ ÂÌÁÇÏÄÁÒÅÎ

×ÏÚÍÏÖÎÏ Õ ËÏÇÏ ÅÓÔØ ÞÔÏ ÔÏ ÐÏÄÏÂÎÏÅ ÎÁ ÐÁÓËÁÌÅ?

ÉÌÉ ÈÏÔÑ ÂÙ ÐÏÄÓËÁÖÉÔÅ ËÁË ÎÁÈÏÄÉÔØ ÏÐÒÅÄÅÌÉÔÅÌØ ÍÁÔÒÉÃÙ

Sebastian

÷ÌÏÖÅÎÉÍÉ ÃÉËÌÁÍÉ :)

Vlad Babchuk

"Dante Alig'eri" <dante@viii.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua> writes:

>> EAE OAAIEUI?AOO OAUAIEA IAOOE?IUE OOA?IAIEE IA C?
OAE OA, EAE E IA IAAII AOOCII NUUEA
>> ?IIICEOA ?IOAIOEOOA
>> UA IAAOE EI?IOIAAEA AOAO EOEOAIIA AIACIAAOAI
?I?EOAE EIEOEO ?I ?EOAIOIUI IAOIAAI
> EIE EION AU ?IAOEAOEOA EAE IAEIAEOO I?OAAAIEOAIO IAOOEAU
?I?EOAE EIEOEO ?I IEIAEIIE AICAAOA

--
WBR Vladimir Babchuk aka Chaos.
mailto:lordchaos@astral.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua

Igor Kushnir

Dante Alig'eri ?EUAO:

> EAE OAAIEUI?AOO OAUAIEA IAOOE?IUE OOA?IAIEE IA C?
> ?IIICEOA ?IOAIOEOOA
> UA IAAOE EI?IOIAAEA AOAO EOEOAIIA AIACIAAOAI

uOI OAEOO dll-EE , ?AOO EOOOI? IAUAA ?EOAI IA Borland C Bilder.

oAI ?AOO IAOIAI?, AOOO OEOAIUA EIIAIOAOEE, AOIAA OAUAAOAUOON (AOIOAA
?AOO EIA O.E. EIOAOAOOAYEE OAAN EOOIE ?OIAA AO. ?OIA?OICOAIIU EO?IIOUOAO)

#define BUILD_DLL
#include "Matrix.h"
#pragma argsused
int WINAPI DllEntryPoint(HINSTANCE hinst, unsigned long reason, void*
lpReserved)
{
return 1;
}
double DLL_EXP Scalar(const DynamicArray<double> &A,const
DynamicArray<double> &B)
{
if (A.Length!=B.Length) // ?IA?OICOAIIA OIIIOAIEN
return -1; // ?AEOIOA OOOIEE IA
double Sum=0; // ?AEOIO OOIIAAA
for (int i=0;i<A.Length;i++)
Sum+=A[i]*B[i];
return Sum;
}
int DLL_EXP MVect(const DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &A,
const DynamicArray<double> &B, DynamicArray<double> &C)
{
if (A[0].Length!=B.Length) // ?IA?OICOAIIA OIIIOAIEN
return -1; // IAOOEAU IA
C.Length=A.Length; // ?AEOIO OOIIAAA
for (int i=0;i<A.Length;i++)
C[i]=Scalar(A[i],B);
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP Transp(DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &A)
{ // ?IA?OICOAIIA OOAIO?IIEOI?AIEN
double v; // IAOOEAU ?OIEU?IIOIIE ?IOIU
for (int i=0;i<A.Length;i++)
for (int j=A.Length-1;j>i;j--)
{
v=A[i][j];
A[i][j]=A[j][i];
A[j][i]=v;
}
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP VectM(const DynamicArray<double> &A,
const DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &B,
DynamicArray<double> &C)
{
if (A.Length!=B.Length) // ?IA?OICOAIIA OIIIOAIEN
return -1; // ?AEOIOA OOOIEE IA
C.Length=B[0].Length; // IAOOEAO
for (int i=0;i<B[0].Length;i++)
{
C[i]=0;
for (int j=0;j<A.Length;j++)
C[i]+=A[j]*B[j][i];
}
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP MxM(const DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &A,
const DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &B,
DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &C)
{
if (A[0].Length!=B.Length) // ?IA?OICOAIIA OIIIOAIEN
return -1; // IAOOEA
C.Length=A.Length;
for (int i=0;i<A.Length;i++)
VectM(A[i],B,C[i]);
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP XY(DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &A,
const DynamicArray<double> &B,
const DynamicArray<double> &C, double z)
{ // ÷IAUIAA ?OIEU?AAAIEA ?AEOIOI?
if (A.Length!=B.Length || A[0].Length!=C.Length)
return -1;
for (int i=0;i<A.Length;i++)
for (int j=0;j<A[0].Length;j++)
A[i][j]+=B[i]*C[j]*z;
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP Gauss(const DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &AA,
const DynamicArray<double> &BB, // oAUAIEA oio
DynamicArray<double> &X) // IAOIAII cAOOOA
{
if (AA.Length!=AA[0].Length && AA.Length!=BB.Length)
return -1;
DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > A;
DynamicArray<double> B;
double S;
int n=AA.Length;
X.Length=n;
A.Length=n;
B.Length=n;
for (int i=0;i<n;i++)
{
B[i]=BB[i];
A[i].Length=n;
for (int j=0;j<n;j++)
A[i][j]=AA[i][j];
}
for (int k=0;k<n-1;k++) // ?ONIIE EIA
for (int i=k+1;i<n;i++)
{
S=A[i][k]/A[k][k];
A[i][k]=0;
for (int j=k+1;j<n;j++)
A[i][j]-=S*A[k][j];
B[i]-=S*B[k];
}
X[n-1]=B[n-1]/A[n-1][n-1]; // iAOAOIUE EIA
for (int i=n-2;i>=0;i--)
{
S=0;
for (int j=i+1;j<n;j++)
S+=A[i][j]*X[j];
X[i]=(B[i]-S)/A[i][i];
}
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP LU1(DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &A)
{
if (A.Length!=A[0].Length)
return -1; // ?OAIAOAUI?AIEA IAOOEAU
int n=A.Length; // IAOIAII OOEAICOINAEE
for (int i=1;i<n;i++)
A[0][i]/=A[0][0];
for (int j=1;j<n-1;j++)
{
for (int k=0;k<=j-1;k++)
A[j][j]-=A[j][k]*A[k][j];;
for (int i=j+1;i<n;i++)
{
for (int k=0;k<=j-1;k++)
{
A[i][j]-=A[i][k]*A[k][j];
A[j][i]-=A[j][k]*A[k][i];
}
A[j][i]/=A[j][j];
}
}
for (int k=0;k<n-1;k++)
A[n-1][n-1]-=A[n-1][k]*A[k][n-1];
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP LU2(const DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &A,
const DynamicArray<double> &B, // oAUAIEA oio
DynamicArray<double> &X) // IAOIAII OOEAICOINAEE
{
if (A.Length!=A[0].Length && A.Length!=B.Length)
return -1;
int n=A.Length;
double S;
X.Length=n;
X[0]=B[0]/A[0][0];
for (int i=1;i<n;i++)
{
S=0;
for (int j=0;j<=i-1;j++)
S+=A[i][j]*X[j];
X[i]=(B[i]-S)/A[i][i];
}
for (int i=n-2;i>=0;i--)
{
S=0;
for (int k=i+1;k<n;k++)
S+=A[i][k]*X[k];
X[i]-=S;
}
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP DF1(DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &A)
{ // iAOAYAIEA IAOOEAU
if (A.Length!=A[0].Length ) // IAOIAII A?IEIIE ?AEOIOEUAAEE
return -1;
int n=A.Length;
for (int k=0;k<n-1;k++) // iAEIOAAIEA R E K
{
for (int i=k+1;i<n;i++)
for (int j=k+1;j<n;j++)
A[i][j]-=A[i][k]*A[k][j]/A[k][k];
for (int i=k+1;i<n;i++)
{
A[i][k]/=-A[k][k];
A[k][i]/=-A[k][k];
}
A[k][k]=1/A[k][k];
}
A[n-1][n-1]=1/A[n-1][n-1];
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP DF2(const DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &A,
DynamicArray<double> &B) // oAUAIEA oio
{ // IAOIAII A?IEIIE ?AEOIOEUAAEE
if (A.Length!=A[0].Length && A.Length!=B.Length)
return -1;
double S;
int n=A.Length;
for (int k=0;k<n-1;k++) // L*B=B
{
for (int i=k+1;i<n;i++)
B[i]+=A[i][k]*B[k];
B[k]*=A[k][k];
}
B[n-1]*=A[n-1][n-1];
for (int k=n-2;k>=0;k--)
{
S=0;
for (int j=k+1;j<n;j++)
S+=A[k][j]*B[j];
B[k]+=S;
}
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP OBR(const DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &AA,
DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &C)
{ // iAOAYAIEA IAOOEAU
if (AA.Length!=AA[0].Length) // O EO?IIOUI?AIEAI
return -1; // ?IA?OICOAIIU A?IEIIE ?AEOIOEUAAEE
DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > A;
DynamicArray<double> B,X;
int n=AA.Length;
A.Length=n;
C.Length=n;
for (int i=0;i<n;i++)
{
C[i].Length=n;
A[i].Length=n;
for (int j=0;j<n;j++)
{
A[i][j]=AA[i][j];
C[i][j]=0;
}
C[i][i]=1;
}
DF1(A);
for (int i=0;i<n;i++)
DF2(A,C[i]);
Transp(C);
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP Scan(DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &A,
double V, int i, int j)
{
if (A.Length!=A[0].Length)
return -1;
DynamicArray<double> BB;
double z;
BB.Length=A.Length;
z=-V/(1+V*A[j][i]);
for (int k=0;k<A.Length;k++)
BB[k]=A[k][i];
XY(A,BB,A[j],z);
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP OBR_SCAN(const DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &A,
DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &C)
{ // iAOAYAIEA IAOOEAU
if (A.Length!=A[0].Length) // O EO?IIOUI?AIEAI
return -1; // ?IA?OICOAIIU OEAIEOI?AIEN
int n=A.Length;
C.Length=n;
for (int i=0;i<n;i++)
{
C[i].Length=n;
for (int j=0;j<n;j++)
C[i][j]=0;
C[i][i]=1/A[i][i];
}
for (int i=0;i<n;i++)
for (int j=0;j<n;j++)
if (i!=j)
Scan(C,A[i][j],i,j);
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP Okai(DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &A,
DynamicArray<double> &U, DynamicArray<double> &V, double aa)
{
int n;
MVect(A,U,U);
aa-=Scalar(V,U);
VectM(V,A,V);
n=A.Length;
n++;
A.Length=n;
for (int i=0;i<n;i++)
A[i].Length=n;
A[n-1][n-1]=1/aa;
for (int i=0;i<n-1;i++)
{
A[i][n-1]=-A[n-1][n-1]*U[i];
A[n-1][i]=-A[n-1][n-1]*V[i];
}
return 1;
}
int DLL_EXP OBR_Okai(const DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &A,
DynamicArray<DynamicArray<double> > &C)
{
int n;
DynamicArray<double> D, F;
n=A.Length;
C.Length=1;
C[1].Length=1;
C[0][0]=1/A[0][0];
for (int i=1;i<n;i++)
{
D.Length=i;
F.Length=i;
for (int j=0;j<i;j++)
{
D[j]=A[j][i];
F[j]=A[i][j];
}
Okai(C,D,F,A[i][i]);
}
return 1;
}

--
Igor V. Kushnir aka Docent [ICQ: 175444370] [CPU: 10.118.22.23]
iU IA ?UAEOAAI ?OAIAIA, IU IIOAI OIIOEI OAUAOO, EAE OEOO ? OA ?OAIAIA,

Derek Ray

On 2008-06-23, Krice <paulkp@mbnet.fi> wrote:
> On 23 kes?, 19:50, Derek Ray <de...@moot.its.only.a.spamtrap.org>
>> nor have you released any actual games to this date.
> So what. You always want a sign you people.

I'm just evaluating on real-world criteria. You know, _output_.
I wonder if prospective employers do the same...?

> I'll give it to you sooner than you think.

Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'm not holding my breath; when you ship a
working executable, let us know. Til then, your criticism from anything
other than a player's viewpoint isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

--
Derek

Game info and change log: http://spo...
Beta Server: telnet://sporkhack.com
IRC: irc.freenode.net, #sporkhack

Krice

On 23 kesä, 22:08, Derek Ray <de...@moot.its.only.a.spamtrap.org>
wrote:
> I'm not holding my breath

I want you to hold it.

> Til then, your criticism from anything
> other than a player's viewpoint

This must be the oldest thing in the book of wrong things.
You can criticize stuff without creating the same stuff
yourself. Like paintings, music, game design, whatever.

Martin Read

Krice <paulkp@mbnet.fi> wrote:
>On 23 kes=E4, 19:50, Derek Ray <de...@moot.its.only.a.spamtrap.org>
>wrote:
>> nor have you released any actual games to this date.
>
>So what. You always want a sign you people. I'll give it
>to you sooner than you think.

Of course we do. The only true measure of a designer's competence in any
field is whether their designs work. Until you show us a fun game that
you designed, claiming to be an excellent game designer just makes you
look like you are "all mouth and no trousers".
--
\_\/_/ turbulence is certainty turbulence is friction between you and me
\ / every time we try to impose order we create chaos

Derek Ray

On 2008-06-23, Krice <paulkp@mbnet.fi> wrote:
> On 23 kes?, 22:08, Derek Ray <de...@moot.its.only.a.spamtrap.org>
>> Til then, your criticism from anything
>> other than a player's viewpoint
>
> This must be the oldest thing in the book of wrong things.
> You can criticize stuff without creating the same stuff
> yourself. Like paintings, music, game design, whatever.

Yes. You can critique paintings from an observer's perspective, music from
a listener's perspective, and game design from a player's perspective.

But criticism of the aforementioned from a painter's, composer's, or game
designer's perspective is only worth listening to if the critiquer is
actually a painter, composer, or game designer, respectively.
Which you aren't; hence my statement holds true.

Next time, read more carefully. mmmkay?

--
Derek

Game info and change log: http://spo...
Beta Server: telnet://sporkhack.com
IRC: irc.freenode.net, #sporkhack

Gamer_2k4

On Jun 23, 2:08 pm, Derek Ray <de...@moot.its.only.a.spamtrap.org>
wrote:
> On 2008-06-23, Krice <pau...@mbnet.fi> wrote:
> > On 23 kesä, 19:50, Derek Ray <de...@moot.its.only.a.spamtrap.org>
> > > nor have you released any actual games to this date.
> > So what. You always want a sign you people.
>
> I'm just evaluating on real-world criteria.  You know, _output_.

Well, he's been busy, anyway...let's take a look at a few screenshots
and make some assumptions about his game.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/ka...
http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/kaduria...

There are at least 4 different types of rock walls, anyway.
Considering that three of them are found in just one room (along with
the fact that two different types of floors are depicted), it's clear
that his dungeons are more than just wall/floor layouts. Or is that
grey stuff smoke? There are also nifty features like lanterns, signs
and bridges.

Speaking of lanterns, Krice seems to have a lighting model implemented
as well. In the second image, you can see the tiles getting
progressively darker the farther they get from the player.

And finally, here's something from a side project:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/te...

Roads? Buildings? Forests? Sounds like fun!

Of course, none of this matters if the games never get released, but
progress is being made, anyway.

--
Gamer_2k4

Derek Ray

On 2008-06-23, Gamer_2k4 <gamer2k4@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 2:08?pm, Derek Ray <de...@moot.its.only.a.spamtrap.org>
>> I'm just evaluating on real-world criteria. ?You know, _output_.
>
> Well, he's been busy, anyway...let's take a look at a few screenshots
> and make some assumptions about his game.

Rather, let's look at the game itself... oh, right.

> Of course, none of this matters if the games never get released, but
> progress is being made, anyway.

Or at least, screenshots are being generated. That's really all you can
tell from screenshots -- at some point, that image was on his screen.

I consider a game to be "progressing" when there's something to download
and run; consider Duke Nukem Forever and Daikatana (though the latter was
actually released, it was an Abomination Unto Nuggan, a victim of its
own hype). Seen too many screenshots that looked nothing like the
actual release to waste time believing 'em; heard too much Microsoft
vapourware promises to waste time on words. I believe in output, things
that can be touched and evaluted on their own merits, rather than
through the rose-colored eyes of the author.