Andreas Palm

4/7/2002 7:11:00 PM

Where can I find informations on how to develop i-Mode
solutions with ASP.NET ?

best regards
andreas
2 Answers

Sven <nospam

...and where can we get a i-Mode Emulator?

Thanx
cya
Sven

"Andreas Palm" <apanospam57@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Where can I find informations on how to develop i-Mode
> solutions with ASP.NET ?
>
> best regards
> andreas

Chris Turchin

try the new openwave SDK 5.1 preview
(http://developer.openwave.com/prod_tec...). it includes a browser
emulator:

Browser: Openwave Mobile Browser, XHTML Edition 1.0.X
Markup Languages: XHTML-MP 1.0, WML 1.3
Image formats: WBMP, WPNG, PNG, GIF, BMP, JPEG, Animated GIF
Default Font & Charset: Arial, MS1252 Latin 1 (ANSI)
Display Size: 144 x 188 pixels

More info from the Openwave page:

Openwave Mobile Browser Universal Edition converges standards-based
technologies from both the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the WAP
Forum. This converged environment is compatible with the WAP 2.0 standard,
which provides the foundation for GSMA M-Services Phase II. Applications
optimized for these devices are written in XHTML Mobile Profile and CSS.
Mobile Browser Universal Edition also supports applications written in WML
1.x, HDML, and cHTML. Devices with Mobile Browser Universal Edition will
ship in volume worldwide in mid-2002.

*** To make the openwave browser default to chtml, try adding the following
info to your machine.config (above the other OpenWave entries, of which
there are quite a few...):

<!-- Sample headers from OpenWave Emulator:
OPWV-GEN-99/UNI10+UP.Browser/6.0.2.221+(GUI)+HTTP-DIRECT/5
-->

<case
match="(OPWV-GEN-99)">
browser = "Phone.com Emulator (i-mode mode)"
type = "i-mode"
inputType = "telephoneKeypad"
preferredRenderingType = "chtml10"
preferredRenderingMime = "text/html"
preferredImageMime = "image/gif"
inputType = "telephoneKeypad"
canInitiateVoiceCall = "true"
requiresHtmlAdaptiveErrorReporting = "true"
cookies = "true"
requiresOutputOptimization = "true"
supportsAccesskeyAttribute = "true"
supportsInputIStyle = "true"
supportsIModeSymbols = "true"
optimumPageWeight="700"
defaultScreenCharactersWidth = "15"
defaultScreenCharactersHeight = "4"
defaultScreenPixelsWidth = "144"
defaultScreenPixelsHeight = "188"
screenBitDepth = "16"
isColor = "true"
majorVersion = "6"
minorVersion = "0.2.221"
</case>

you get an error in the http-Response 'markup' window, but the chtml content
is rendered all the same.

Greetz,
--chris