Emulators for Ipaq, Psion, Palm for Testing MMIT Application

BharathKumar

4/5/2002 7:02:00 AM

Dear All,

Regarding Emulators.

I am developing a Mobile Web Application With MMIT.

I am targeting my Web Application for Ipaq, Psion and Palm

I need to have Emulators for the above devices to test my
application. After i test my web application (.aspx pages)
in these Emulators, it should work in Ipaq, Psion and
Palm .

I have already downloaded PocketPCsdk2002 from Microsoft.

I need to focus specifically on emulators which supports
the above mentioned devices.

Can anyone kindly advice on the above lines and about
where to download the emulators?

Thanks in Advance,
BharathKumar
4 Answers

Craig Deelsnyder

The Palm emulator (also called POSE) can be found on www.palmos.com You
need to have a ROM image or register with Palm to download one.

May I ask what browser you're going to use on the Palm? I was wondering
what browser supports ASP.NET/MMIT pages.

"BharathKumar" <bharatkumar@sella.it> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> Regarding Emulators.
>
> I am developing a Mobile Web Application With MMIT.
>
> I am targeting my Web Application for Ipaq, Psion and Palm
>
> I need to have Emulators for the above devices to test my
> application. After i test my web application (.aspx pages)
> in these Emulators, it should work in Ipaq, Psion and
> Palm .
>
> I have already downloaded PocketPCsdk2002 from Microsoft.
>
> I need to focus specifically on emulators which supports
> the above mentioned devices.
>
> Can anyone kindly advice on the above lines and about
> where to download the emulators?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> BharathKumar

Aparna

I have downloaded an Emulator for Palm OS supported
devices. I am not sure about browsers popularly used in
Palm devices. Any ideas about any default browsers in Palm
devices or popular browsers used in PDAs ?

Is it possible to get any free download of these browsers
and how do I add these browsers into my Emulator ?

Thanks inadvance,
Aparna G

(Shanku Niyogi (MS))

Craig Deelsnyder

Adding an app to the emulator is really easy. The easiest way is to drag
the .prc from Windows Explorer onto the Emulator window (drag-and-drop).
It's installed!

There's also PalmScape, which has an eval version....