Craig Deelsnyder

4/5/2002 6:22:00 AM

Alright, I couldn't find any info on errors when dealing with named anchors
in Pocket IE, so here's my dilemma: I'm using the PocketPC emulator that
comes with the embedded development tools until I get some actual hardware.
I'm writing a web app and viewing the pages in Pocket Internet Explorer and
on PCs. Everything's fine, except I'm trying to scroll the page using named
anchors via Javascript. I'm using ASP.NET pages, so I'm 'redirecting' the
page to a bookmark upon loading, otherwise I lose scroll position and focus.

So I have to do the following in the body onload event
location.href = '#anAnchor';

Works fine on a desktop browser. However in Pocket Internet Explorer, it
craps out if I do this on a page with querystring arguments.

In Pocket IE, when I request the page 'logon.aspx', the above code runs in
body onload and it scrolls to 'logon.aspx#anAnchor' just fine.

But it I request 'logon.aspx?arg=value', notice I now have a querystring
arg, the code runs and the browser gets caught in an infinite loop reloading
the page that doesn't make sense. I've tried using alerts to debug it, but
I can't follow what's going on. It's losing track of the fact it was
supposed to go to #anAnchor, or something....so it looks like Pocket IE
doesn't like 'logon.aspx?arg=value#anAnchor'.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong? I have to be able to scroll somehow to
some field down in the page. BTW, in case someone brings it up who knows
ASP.NET, SmartNavigation is not an option (I need to support multiple
browsers).

Thanks!