Steffo

11/3/2004 4:40:00 PM

Hi

I have a problem with my remoting app. I'm using .net remoting, tcpchannels,
SAO singleton.

My problem is that my customer has installed panda antivirus, wich resulted
in that my server is not able to fire any events to the clients.

The client is able able to reach the server, but when the server tries to
notify the clients it doesnt work.

Server code:
BinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider server_prov = new
BinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider();

server_prov.TypeFilterLevel = TypeFilterLevel.Full;

BinaryClientFormatterSinkProvider client_prov = new
BinaryClientFormatterSinkProvider();

IDictionary props = new Hashtable();

props["port"] = 7552;

TcpChannel chn = new TcpChannel(props,client_prov,server_prov);

ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(chn);

RemotingConfiguration.RegisterWellKnownServiceType( typeof(
DataBaseRemObj ), "RegFormsURI", WellKnownObjectMode.Singleton );

1 Answer

Robert Jordan

Hi Steffo,

> I have a problem with my remoting app. I'm using .net remoting, tcpchannels,
> SAO singleton.
>
> My problem is that my customer has installed panda antivirus, wich resulted
> in that my server is not able to fire any events to the clients.

He also got a firewall. You have 3 choices:

- tell him to disable the firewalls on the clients
- don't use events
- use a bidirectional channel: http://www.genuinecha...

bye
Rob