Pedro Gago

11/3/2004 9:53:00 AM

Hi everybody,

I'm hosting multiple server components in the same windows service, always
using the same port. That works fine but I don't know if it is a good
solution. What I'm looking for is not to write one host for each component
server. So:
is this solution ok?
has any effect using always the same port?
Do you know any other disadvantages?

Thanks

Pedro Gago

1 Answer

Ken Kolda

Unless these server components are completely unrelated, what you're doing
is what you're supposed to be doing. And one port is fine -- in general,
there's no need to use more than one for your service. Even if you used
multiple ports, all of your server components would be available on all
ports, so that would probably defat your purpose.

Ken