Getting URI for a remote object

Thong Nguyen

I need to find the URI used to create a remote object. Specifically, I need
to get the IP address of the server that is hosting the object from the
client side (and all I have is a reference to the proxied remoted object).
From looking at the debugger, I know the URI to an object is stored deep
inside the proxy on the client side but I can't seem to find a public API to
access it.

ChannelServices.GetUrlsForObject only seems to work on the server side.

Thanks,

^Tum

1 Answer

Ken Kolda

Assuming this is a CAO, you can first get the ObjRef using
RemotingServices.GetObjRefForProxy(). From there, get the ChannelData
array -- one of the elements wil be of type ChannelDataStore. Look in there
for the ChannelUris to get the info you need.

Ken