only one usage of socket address is normally allowed

Giox

10/20/2004 9:43:00 AM

Hello everybody, I'm trying to use remoting in my application.
The server is hosted in IIS and it doesn't work.
The web.config is like the following:

<system.runtime.remoting>
<application>
<channels>
<channel ref="http" port = "1234"/>
</channels>
<service>
<wellknown mode=...../>
<wellknown mode=...../>
</service>
</application>
</system.runtime.remoting>

When I start the client (that has the following config lines:
<system.runtime.remoting>
<application>
<channels>
<channel ref="http" port="0">
<clientProviders>
<formatter ref="soap" />
</clientProviders>
<serverProviders>
<formatter ref="soap" typeFilterLevel="Full" />
</serverProviders>
</channel>
</channels>
<client>
<wellknown type=...../>
<wellknown type=...../>
</client>
</application>
</system.runtime.remoting>
)
I receive the error message "only one usage of socket address
is normally allowed".... but if I cut the row that register the
channel on the server (<channel

ref="http" port = "1234"/>) I receive the error that the channel is
not registered....
any idea? is there some problem using configuration settings in
web.config (in the previous version of

the code (where the server was a console application all was working
fine)I didn't have this problems.)
If the response is yes, where do I have to set the remoting parameters?

--
My Email is correct

Inviato da www.mynewsgate.net
1 Answer

Sam Santiago

Check out this link:

HOW TO: Host a Remote Object in Microsoft Internet Information Services
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?s...

You do not need to specify a port for remoting when you use IIS as a host.
That is determined by the website configuration in IIS.

Thanks,

Sam

--
Sam Santiago