Jim

10/18/2004 1:29:00 AM

Hi;
I'm new to using .NET remoting; I've read plenty of articles on the subject
and have seen plenty of the "Simple Examples" of creating a Server and
Client using remoting. What I'm wondering is; is this at all possible ... ?
Where I want to create winforms which are contained in the Server Remote
Assemblies and have the Client App. request the Winform via .net remoting.
any Real World working examples of this would be great.
Thanks

Jim Snow

1 Answer

Lloyd Dupont

> I'm new to using .NET remoting; I've read plenty of articles on the
> subject
> and have seen plenty of the "Simple Examples" of creating a Server and
> Client using remoting. What I'm wondering is; is this at all possible ...
> ?
yes it is!

> Where I want to create winforms which are contained in the Server Remote
> Assemblies and have the Client App. request the Winform via .net remoting.
> any Real World working examples of this would be great.
I think there is a misunderstanding.
your winform which would be remotely access would be on the server!
the user won't have any GUI!

I believe that you want to have a server DLL dowloaded and executed all in a
row!
What you need is SmartClient! ClickOnce!
all new .NET deployment feature, lookout for these keyword: SmartClient,
ClickOnce