By best option ? remoting ?

Snoop

9/30/2004 3:29:00 PM

Hi all,

I have a VB.net service application. The reason why it is a service is that
it has to be in a special security contect.

In this program, I have a function called THEFUNCTION which can do a lot of
things for me, in this security contect.

Now I would liket, from a .vbs script to 'trigger' this function. It has
only one parameter.

So I wonder what is my best option ?

Can you advise me (remoting, com, dde, ... other ) ?

Thanks for the advice.

Regards

Ken Kolda

I would probably write a small assembly in .NET that exposes an object which
acts as a proxy to the service. This proxy would handle setting up the
remoting infrastructure, connecting to the service and invoking the remote
method. Then register this proxy object for COM Interop using regasm. You
can then load and invoke this object from your .vbs script or any other
COM-compliant language/app.

Ken