Shanmug

I have created a cube, and created an instance of the same, but whenever i
try to process the , the following error occurs,

"Method 'AddNew' in COM object of Class '_OlapCollection' returned error code
0x80040004(<Unknown>) which means: "is not a valid character.

Failed to process instance CubeName.

3 Answers

=?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

Are there any special characters in the dimension names or calculated members
or something?

"Shanmug" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a cube, and created an instance of the same, but whenever i
> try to process the , the following error occurs,
>
> "Method 'AddNew' in COM object of Class '_OlapCollection' returned error code
> 0x80040004(<Unknown>) which means: "is not a valid character.
>
> Failed to process instance CubeName.

Shanmug

No Tom, there is no special character there.

Regards
Shanmugavel

"Tom" wrote:

> Are there any special characters in the dimension names or calculated members
> or something?
>
> "Shanmug" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have created a cube, and created an instance of the same, but whenever i
> > try to process the , the following error occurs,
> >
> > "Method 'AddNew' in COM object of Class '_OlapCollection' returned error code
> > 0x80040004(<Unknown>) which means: "is not a valid character.
> >
> > Failed to process instance CubeName.

=?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

Try using the debugger to see where it fails, and look at the passed
parameters.

I think olapdatabasecubecontroldso is the class where you should have your
breakpoints