Re: basic serialization question

Henke

9/16/2004 9:09:00 AM

Hi!
If you are using MBV (Marshal By Value) it's partly true. If you mark your
class as Serializable all public properties are serialized. If you are using
MBR (Marshal By Reference) the object isn't serialized, that's you don't get
a copy of it on your client, rather a stub to the object located on the
server.

/H

"TIBM" <TIBM@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi. I'm 99.99% sure of the following, but I would still like someone to
> confirm this:
> When you access remote objects on the local machine (client and server are
> on the same machine), the object and object's data are serialized;
basically
> anything accessed through remoting is obviously serialized.
> Thanks

1 Answer

Ken Kolda

If the class is marked as Serializable, both public and private fields are
serialized (unless you mark a field as [NonSerialized]).

Ken