microsoft.public.axapta.programming

OLAP Cube Transfer Problem.

Shanmug

2/13/2006 11:37:00 AM

Dear All,

I have created cubes, transfered and processed it. After when i like to view
in the client it gives the following error

"Method 'fieldSets' in COM object of class 'PivotView' returned error code
0x80004005 (E_FAIL) which means: General failure."

But the same cube i can view in the server. How to correct this error ?

Please Suggest some solution.

2 Answers

Greg

Adjust the Class "OLAPPivotTable"

try
{
pivotFieldSets = view.fieldSets();
// set total axis
pivotTotal = view.totals();
}
catch (Exception::Error)
{
Infolog.clear();
throw error('Unable to initialize cube.');
}

Reason you get this error is because you don't have enough rights to view
the cube. Add your window user to the cube via "Analysis Manager > Manage
Roles".

"Shanmug" wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have created cubes, transfered and processed it. After when i like to view
> in the client it gives the following error
>
> "Method 'fieldSets' in COM object of class 'PivotView' returned error code
> 0x80004005 (E_FAIL) which means: General failure."
>
> But the same cube i can view in the server. How to correct this error ?
>
> Please Suggest some solution.

Shanmug

Thanks Gerg, but in which method i have to add this code and how i can give
admin rights ?

Regards
Shanmugavel