Raj

2/13/2006 8:10:00 AM

Hi ,
I have a method which fetches the wanted status from the table
ProdParmStatusDecrease , it return me the number , but i want to display the
associate enumvalue of that number in the report.

how to get the enumvalue for a number return from the query.

any one have code for this.

thanks in advance

rr
5 Answers

Anton Venter

You can use the DictEnum class to get either the name or the label of the
element.

"Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi ,
> I have a method which fetches the wanted status from the table
> ProdParmStatusDecrease , it return me the number , but i want to display
> the
> associate enumvalue of that number in the report.
>
> how to get the enumvalue for a number return from the query.
>
> any one have code for this.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> rr

sjain

Hi

U can use enum2str(enum enum) for the following.
chk its help in system documentation

Regards
Sjain

"Raj" wrote:

> Hi ,
> I have a method which fetches the wanted status from the table
> ProdParmStatusDecrease , it return me the number , but i want to display the
> associate enumvalue of that number in the report.
>
> how to get the enumvalue for a number return from the query.
>
> any one have code for this.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> rr

Jack Meyhoff

This guy spends too much time on line doing cyberspace as U can tell
from his use of U and chk etc. LEARN TO USE A SPELLCHECKER COCKMONGLER.

sjain wrote:
> Hi
>
> U can use enum2str(enum enum) for the following.
> chk its help in system documentation
>
> Regards
> Sjain
>
> "Raj" wrote:
>
>> Hi ,
>> I have a method which fetches the wanted status from the table
>> ProdParmStatusDecrease , it return me the number , but i want to display the
>> associate enumvalue of that number in the report.
>>
>> how to get the enumvalue for a number return from the query.
>>
>> any one have code for this.
>>
>> thanks in advance
>>
>> rr

sjain

Hi Jack,

Why must you bother about what words I use as far as they are understandable.

Regards
Sjain

"Jack Meyhoff" wrote:

> This guy spends too much time on line doing cyberspace as U can tell
> from his use of U and chk etc. LEARN TO USE A SPELLCHECKER COCKMONGLER.
>
> sjain wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > U can use enum2str(enum enum) for the following.
> > chk its help in system documentation
> >
> > Regards
> > Sjain
> >
> > "Raj" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi ,
> >> I have a method which fetches the wanted status from the table
> >> ProdParmStatusDecrease , it return me the number , but i want to display the
> >> associate enumvalue of that number in the report.
> >>
> >> how to get the enumvalue for a number return from the query.
> >>
> >> any one have code for this.
> >>
> >> thanks in advance
> >>
> >> rr

Vishal

You can try this function to get the work done

This method takes the name of the enumerator as a string,
and the enum variable and returns the element name for
the value in the enum variable

static str enumName(str _lEnum, anyType _lEnumValue)
{
DictEnum dictEnum;
;
dictEnum = new DictEnum(xutilelements::getNode(
xutilelements::find(utilelementtype::Enum,_lEnum)).applObjectId());

return dictEnum.index2Symbol(_lEnumValue);
}

--
Vishal
Microsoft Axapta