Raj

2/13/2006 6:11:00 AM

Hi ,
I have to send the report to the printer on click of ok button in
prodparmstatusdecrease form , i need some help regarding where should i call
the code to print the report b'cos if i call this in click event of the form
, what happens is
it ignores the error message and report is printed, i want the report to be
printed only if there is no error message ,

how to achieve this . Do any one have code to call the report from a form
which takes the selected row value as parameter to the report.

I want the code for both report and the form.

thanks in advance

rr
1 Answer

David Pokluda

I am not familiar with this area. I would try the following:

Create a method containing code for printing the report.
In your Ok button start the method in a different "thread" (I know it is not
multi-threaded in fact):
lines = infolog.line(); // can simplify your infolog checking in your
custom method -- requires int class variable named lines
infolog.addTimeOut(this, 'yourMethod', 2000);
In case of an error I would expect something (error message in infolog).
Therefore in your method you can check whether there is new error message in
the infolog. If there is then cancel the print.

I don't know if this works for you but I would at least give it a try.

Regards,
David.