Nezaam

9/9/2004 9:51:00 AM

We are in the process of adopting SOA as an architecture at my organization.
We are running a POC to prove some concepts. The POC is a fat client running
on a single machine. Performance is a bit of an issue. What we would like to
do is for the Presentation layer to interact with the business layer via
soap. Because everything runs on the same machine we would like to implement
Soap In-Process calls.

Is this advisable and could you shine more light on soap in-process calls.
Was it developed for this type of applications.
1 Answer

Chris Rolon

If everything is running on a single machine, why would you use SOAP? Why
not have in-proc components without a proxy layer?

SOAP/Web Services make more sense across a network.

BTW, an alternative is to use .Net Remoting where you could use SOAP but
binary would be faster.

--

Chris Rolon