Hosting in IIS - Timeout Setting

jpuopolo

9/7/2004 8:01:00 PM

All:

I have a remote object hosted in IIS 6.0 in Windows 2003 Server. One
of my method calls loads a set of images -- upwards of 7 MB. On slow
networks, this can take > 90 seconds, which causes a timeout --

Is there a way to set the timeout value of IIS/remoting layer to
something higher than the default 90 seconds?

Many thanks,
John
2 Answers

Ken Kolda

Try changing the executionTimeout parameter in the httpRuntime tag in
machine.config, i.e.

<httpRuntime executionTimeout="90" ... />

Ken

"John Puopolo" <jpuopolo@mvisiontechnology.com> wrote in message
> All:
>
> I have a remote object hosted in IIS 6.0 in Windows 2003 Server. One
> of my method calls loads a set of images -- upwards of 7 MB. On slow
> networks, this can take > 90 seconds, which causes a timeout --
>
> Is there a way to set the timeout value of IIS/remoting layer to
> something higher than the default 90 seconds?
>
> Many thanks,
> John

John Puopolo

Thanks!